Monday, November 22, 2010

Cincinnati Rocked.

French Press by Sloe Gin Fizz, Eat My Beard card Gracie Sparkles Books , Postcard by OPB Studios, Earrings by Felix and Jayne, and a bird button by Red Raven Studios

 Nicole of  Sloe Gin Fizz and I drove to Cincinnati for the Crafty Supermarket, a handmade craft fair at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center. This historic HUGE building used to be an elementary school  turned community arts center. A wonderful example of what to do with this kind of space when the money runs out. The organizers (Chris, Grace, and Alisha) were amazing, the people of OH so nice, and I ate a delicious Cowboy cheeseburger from the Cafe De Wheels food cart in under a minute. As always, I didn't walk around as much as I would have liked but did a little purchasing and trading at the end. After the show, our hostesses took us to the Northside hood and it was fab. We got to see the handmade store Fabricate which rocked, had a lovely sushi dinner- filled with laughs that will go down in history, stopped for a night cap at Comet, then hit the hay. It was an amazing trip and I am so thankful for the handmade community and all the amazing people I have been able to meet! And an especially big thanks to the gals of Crafty Supermarket and Nicole, may there be more road trips in our future. That sounded like a high school will:)

No comments:

Post a Comment